Thursday, May 8, 2008

Zebra report


Amaya had to do a report for school, and low and behold, she picked a zebra as her topic. She brought home a book on zebras, she brought home info off the Internet, and then she had to have 2 "props" for the report. She chose to do paper mache and a poster. We did the paper mache over a few weeks so that we would have enough dry time in between and enough time to do it around all of our busyness. This was so fun, I definitely want to do it with all my kids, and it didn't cost any thing except 0.50 cents for the various paints, which we will use over and over.





Amaya is a perfectionist and I love seeing how dedicated and "into" her painting she is.




Amaya finally painting on the mane. She decided that the zebra should have pink highlights because she is a girl and of course, because she loves pink.



Wednesday morning, the day of her report, Amaya tells me that the other moms are coming in to watch the reports, which I read NOWHERE in all of the stuff that comes home from the teacher. So, off to school I went to watch the report for a total of 8 minutes, which includes cousin TJ's report too. I had fun going to watch her and Ryan and Jake came too. Amaya was most excited to use the pointer to point stuff out on her poster. Amaya even wore her zebra skirt for her report.

2 comments:

julie said...

Amaya looks so cute in her little zebra skirt. I hope she received an "A" who else dressed the part???? Anyway she did a great job on the zebra with pink highlights.... SOOOO cute

Anonymous said...

That blog entry is SO Amaya!! Every word is infused w/her!! Great post! What an awesome tribute to her and her loves!!