Thursday, May 8, 2008

South Haven

I get together with my "high school" friends every year. It used to be a Christmas dinner, then throughout the years, it has been a weekend thing. We have been to Heather's in Chicago many times, then last year we stayed at Linda's in GH. This year we went to South Haven, trying to be a little more accommodating to Heather's drive. What a great time we had. We got there Friday night (I left after Amaya's party), had dinner, then just hung out in our suite. The place we stayed had 2 bedrooms and a living area, we even had a small kitchen, had we actually wanted to cook. We brought snacks, margaritas, and all our scraping stuff.
We talked without interruption, slept in and didn't hear, "can I have a snack or will you get me some juice?" from anyone. It is so nice to have a break from this and just be able to do anything that you want.

Saturday morning we got up and did a little bit of scraping, then went for a walk on one of the trails, then we hit downtown SH. It is smaller than GH, so you wouldn't expect that it would take us that long to get through it, but we were down there for 5 hours. We all bought stuff. We had dinner, then went back for more scrapping, then a little hot tub soak, more scrapping, then to bed, only to get up and scrap for another few hours. Phew, what a rough weekend!
It is hard to believe that I have known these girls for 21 years, and honestly we have gotten together every year for xmas dinner, or this weekend thing that we do. I value their friendship so much and look forward to many more weekends together!

2 comments:

jen said...

Glad you guys had fun.

I want to scrap so bad!!! I like your scrap stuff photo.

julie said...

That's great that you have such wonderful friends that you can escape with at least once a year....