Sunday, May 25, 2008

1st Lesson


Like my scrap booking, this blogging is starting to stress me out. I told myself, and others, that it is easy (which it is) and that it only takes a few minutes to actually do a new post. Like scrap booking, I want it in order, but that is not possible for me. Just like in everyone else's lives', we have many things going on, and each week is different. There have been a lot of things going on in our household that I deem important enough to scrapbook, therefore blog, (Which I hope to possibly replace my scrapping, thinking that I will be able to keep up better with it) but I haven't had time to get them in, let alone in chronological order. So, I am just going to start with what I think is the next thing on the time line:
Amaya's first horse riding lesson, what a blast she had, and she couldn't stop talking about it from the time that she found out about it after her birthday. She got to spend an entire hour with Gabrielle and Cheyenne (the horse). It started with them getting the horse out of the pasture, then they had to "tack" the horse, which means brush her three different times with different brushes to get her clean. Next, they had to clean out her hooves with a scraper thing, then put the saddle on, and then on the horse she went, with a continous huge grin.
She learned the proper way to sit, hold the bridle, talk, and to control the horse. This is an absolute dream to her. There is nothing that she shys away from. She has even told me that when she gets older that she wants to do what Gabrielle does, which is own the farm, teach lessons, and board horses. I can honestly see her as a girl who hangs out in the barn with the horses day in and day out. She LOVES them.

I am a bit nervous of all this because both, Scott and I, are allergic to horses. I found out when I was 18 years old after riding a horse. Scott is just plain allergic to anything with fur/hair.....

After the full hour of helping Amaya tack the horse, then hanging out in the equestrian center with them, my eyes were itching, I was wheezing, and my uvula was actually starting to swell. Anyways, I have had a allergy shot, am taking meds, and now have an epi pen just in case for the next lesson. I really want to be there with her to learn all that she learns. This is her passion, and we want to support it, so I will do everything within my power to help her acheive this. (within medical reason).
Notice in the pics that Amaya had to wear her horse tank top, with horse sweatshirt, pink cowgirl boots and of course her horse earrings. Everyone at the barn thought she was so cute to adorn all the horse attire.

1 comment:

jen said...

Glad Amaya liked her horsing.

On another note, don't you even THINK about quitting scrapping! I need to know someone who is farther behind than me! Kidding, but we just need to set a time to DO it!