OK, goodbye. That is all it took to get me out of my dead sleep and super comfy bed. Down the road I went.... the baby eagle was only out for like 4 more minutes, and with each passing minute, he went further into the nest. I am really lucky to have gotten some shots. Mom says that the bird was perched at the edge of the nest prior to my arrival. Oh well, maybe those shots will come next time. I think he/she is so cute and appears so fluffy and cuddly. I know that is not the case and that there would be no cuddling of any sort with BIG momma and pappa and their talons and extremely big and sharp beaks, but it sure is fun to look!
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Fluffy
How cute is this little (well, not so little) fluff ball?
My mom called and woke me up this morning. It was only 0650 am. I asked, why are you calling me so early, and she replied, the baby eagle is up!!
OK, goodbye. That is all it took to get me out of my dead sleep and super comfy bed. Down the road I went.... the baby eagle was only out for like 4 more minutes, and with each passing minute, he went further into the nest. I am really lucky to have gotten some shots. Mom says that the bird was perched at the edge of the nest prior to my arrival. Oh well, maybe those shots will come next time. I think he/she is so cute and appears so fluffy and cuddly. I know that is not the case and that there would be no cuddling of any sort with BIG momma and pappa and their talons and extremely big and sharp beaks, but it sure is fun to look!
OK, goodbye. That is all it took to get me out of my dead sleep and super comfy bed. Down the road I went.... the baby eagle was only out for like 4 more minutes, and with each passing minute, he went further into the nest. I am really lucky to have gotten some shots. Mom says that the bird was perched at the edge of the nest prior to my arrival. Oh well, maybe those shots will come next time. I think he/she is so cute and appears so fluffy and cuddly. I know that is not the case and that there would be no cuddling of any sort with BIG momma and pappa and their talons and extremely big and sharp beaks, but it sure is fun to look!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a cool picture of the eagle baby!! What is the diameter of the nest, L? My sister had an eagle's nest at their cabin and it was huge --- maybe 3 feet across. It was so much fun to watch them. Nice you got a photo.
I think that the nest is about 4 ft wide, and is 2 feet deep. It is addicting to watch these birds. I think I could sit all day and watch.
Post a Comment