Thomas the tank engine, he's a really useful engine we adore!! (sing it in tune with the theme of Thomas) Jake fell in love with trains at 18 months old after receiving his first set of tracks from Santa (IKEA $12 and so worth it!!). He was completely enthralled with the movies, and knew all the trains names by sight, or even just the silhouette. After knowing that he would like these wooden trains, we started investing a little more money on the real Thomas trains and train sets. I love these things and I love the tracks. I love the imagination that goes into building the different layouts, and all the "hands on play" that it gives the kids. It isn't just a toy that lights up or plays music when you push a button. You have to physically play with it, just like in the old days. I like older toys, like blocks, tinker toys, legos, etc. I think they are more educational and just make it so that you use your brain a little more.
I set up the figure 8 set the other day and Ryan was having so much fun with it. He says "choo choo" and everything. Then when the other kids saw it, they started playing with it too, and of course had to try and build a better, bigger track. This toy is for every age, and I am so excited that Ryan likes it. I wonder if he will be as into trains as Jake was... anyways, it is nice that my second boy likes these sets., These trains and tracks are something that I will hold onto forever, because they are timeless and maybe someday my grandkids will be able to enjoy them. (I hope)
No comments:
Post a Comment