A game that the kids were playing.
Checking out the cows.
Getting ready to float down the river.
Done with the float, now, on the the beach. 

This is the last week off before school starts and Scott has vacation. It is so nice when he has consecutive days off for us to enjoy some family time. (Ryan went to daycare today so we had less to worry about floating down the river) Jake has a bit of a hard time tubing. He is scared, I am not sure of what, but he takes almost the entire way down before he is comfortable on the river. This river is actually walkable by him, but he thinks that it is too deep.

I am sad for the summer to come to an end. It took a long time for the warm weather to get here, and we have been enjoying it since, but I am not ready for the fall and winter weather. It has been a nice summer. I feel that we have been doing a lot of summer-outside activities. Next week school starts and Jake will be going everyday. He is going into Young 5's. I am so excited for him. He really will enjoy it, as he is a social little boy!
7 comments:
Looks like you guys had a fun day on the river. Nice that Conner went with you.
I'm glad you were able to go again befor school starts. Where did the summer go????? It already feels like it's starting to cool down.
I love your pics!!!!!!!!
Glad to see that you guys are squeezing as much fun as possible as school sneaks up on us!! You do an awesome job with pictures...I love looking at them all!
Is Stoney Creek any place near Stony Lake --- where I used to vacation as a kid? It was by New Era and Shelby. And there was a channel from Stony Lake that ran into Lake Michigan. As kids we would ride our inner tubes down the channel into the big lake. There was also a Rainbow Ranch nearby where we would ride horse. I wonder if it's the same place???
Bonnie- it IS the same place. It is a beautiful lake and that is the same channel that we rode down. I have also seen the rainbow ranch. How fun!! I am glad that you have memories of that place, it is great.
Oh that makes me want to go again! It looks like it is less windy at the lake which is a perk! Where has summer gone?!
It is a great place, Les! Cool! It brings back so many so many fond memories of my childhood and the fun we had there-- swimming in Stony Lake, diving off the raft, tubing the channel (creek), riding horses at RR, staying at our neat cabin (Peek-a-Boo) which was down from the tavern, (which is now the Stony Lake Bar, I think) . In fact my older sister wrote a book about it. I'll give you a copy. :)
Post a Comment