Monday, August 11, 2008

Guess

Guess what this is................
This is what happens when you take your eyes off Ryan for just a few minutes. The kids brush their own teeth and Ryan always wants to do it when they are. I usually put a minute amount of toothpaste on a toothbrush for him (if I don't he throws a fit, because he has to be like his bro and sis). Today, I just sent the kids in the bathroom to get the job done on their own, because I had other things to do before running some errands.

Jake came and got me and says "you have to see what Ryan did".
I go in the living room to find him squeezing Amaya's princess toothpaste all over the floor.
GRRRRRRRR!!!
P.S. Pink toothpaste doesn't come out of carpet that easily!


On another note of leaving kids unattended for 5 minutes:
I worked this last Sunday. Scott tells me on the phone that night that while he was on the computer for like 5 minutes, Amaya came down the steps and said to him..."you need to look".
So, Scott turns around and sees a grape on the wood floor in the basement behind him. He goes upstairs to find grapes all over the living room floor. Not just a few, or even a handful, but the whole bowl (I had just bought them the day before) scattered everywhere. Jake decided that he would toss the grapes up into the living room fan, which is at the top of the vaulted ceiling. He wanted to see them get hit by the fan, then fly around the room. Then on top of that, you have a Ryan, who ran all over the living room having fun while he was crushing the grapes into the carpet. Sounds fun, doesn't it??
Glad that I was not here for that one.
I can't wait to show these kinds of stories to Jake when he is older and has kids of his own. He is so mischievous, but even this makes me laugh.

2 comments:

jen said...

It could have been so much worse than toothpaste - did it at least have a minty smell?

It is nuts how fast kids can get into stuff.

julie said...

Well just be glad he didn't find a permenant BLACK marker.He's just on his way to some pearly whites.