So, we were driving in the van today, and it is hot outside. It seems like 90 degrees. I had the air conditioner on and we were sitting comfortable. Jake got kind of cold, because we had it on high to get the temp down in the van.
Jake: Mom, can you turn off the cold air, I am getting cold.
Mom: Yes (and I proceeded to turn off the air in the back, but left it on in the front)
2 Minutes later
Amaya: I'm hot, will you turn the air back on? (mind you, she is sitting in the middle of the van, just behind the front passenger seat)
M: Amaya, it is not that hot, you can handle it for a little while.
A: No, I am going to die, it is too hot!
M: Amaya, you will be fine. When I was little, my mom never even put the air conditioner on.
J: Did you get really hot?
M: Yes, but I just dealt with it. It's not that hot right now. Amaya will be fine!!
A: Ya, You didn't have air because you were born in the olden days!!
I started cracking up! I guess I am THAT old to them. Funny!
3 comments:
you must be older than me because we had air!!!lol
How funny is that?? Did you have to walk to school everyday too? I bet you didn't even have a television set you and your family just sat around the old record player and danced in the living room.Ha Ha I'm craking myself up. Actually I think I am older than you....Did you know Laura and Nelly?
I DID walk to school everyday. We DID have a TV, but I remember when cable television came out..I remember when "I want my MTV" came out. I remember getting our first microwave, an I remember our record player and 8 track tapes (I know, what is an 8 track tape).
And finally, YES I knew Laura and Nelly....wasn't Nelly just the meanest?
Post a Comment