Thursday, August 7, 2008

Pot O' Gold

Last night I went and did a small photo shoot with a family. The night was so beautiful, perfect temperature, and really cool clouds. When we finished the shoot, I noticed really dark clouds coming over the lake. It reminded me of times, years ago when I would go down to the beach and watch a storm come in. It was so cool to watch it just float, peacefully, over the water, up to the lighthouse. Then it would downpour. So cool. I have always loved a rainstorm, I grew up with that. My mom always got into the weather and would try and "catch" a shot of lightening. She learned to not like storms after our neighbors house caught on fire from the lightening. I, however, wasn't there to see it, and still LOVE a good storm.


So, after the photo shoot, I had to go to Meijer. Within a few minutes of getting in the store, you could just hear the rain pounding down on the store roof. (Man, we just finished the pictures. We were very lucky)

After shopping, I came out to a brown/orange sky with a rainbow. Remember when you were little, and would try and find the end of the rainbow? I would try and walk to the end so that I could find that pot of gold and try and catch the leprachaun. I really wanted my 3 wishes! I am not even kidding. There were many times that I would walk quite a ways thinking that the end of the rainbow was just over that next hill. I never did find the end of the rainbow, OR the pot of gold. I will always be looking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome shots, girl!!
And a great story!! I was there as a little girl, searching too!!

camhud said...

Les.. you are so awesome at pics, you just have an eye!... you could get these framed and matted and sell them! You Rock!