Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Wild Things

I just gave the boys a bath and Ryan is running around in a towel all wrapped up. It is so cute, he looks like such a big boy, yet is so small running around.

Mom: He is so cute, just look at him. Isn't he so cute?

Jake: Mom, can I eat him up?

M: What?

J: Can I eat him up so he is in a bunch of pieces and I can tuck him in my heart? I just love him so much.

M: Jake, he is already in your heart. You don't need to eat him up.

This just melts my heart. Jake says some of the funniest things, but he is such a little dear heart.

"Oh please don't go- we'll eat you up- we love you so!" -Where the Wild Things Are

Such a great book, it was one of my favorite books growing up. I love that Jake is able to remember things like this and use them in our every day life. Such simple things like this come from his love of being read to. There are very few nights that Jake actually goes to bed without having books read to him, and I hope he grows up with a love for reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely the sweetest ever! Awesome post!