Thursday, June 5, 2008

G & G

Over the river and through the woods..........well, actually is is just down the street, then around the corner, to Granny's house we go.....
I can honestly say that my whole life growing up, that I never wanted to live really close to my parents, but after moving to Spring Lake, and my parents living just down the road, I love it. I love that they are close enough that we can walk or ride bikes over, I love that they are close to help with the kids, and especially in case of emergencies. It is so nice to have them just around the corner. I bring the kids over sometimes just to break up my day. We go over and walk around the yard, play in the playhouse, maybe go for a ride on the golf cart or just to hang out. The kids like it. There is always stuff to do over there, but even more so in the summer time.
The pond has always been a love for my kids. They love to feed the fish, and sometimes, if the time is just right, Granny lets them play in the pond. Granny is always outside working on something. Papa is always doing something too, even if it is just walking around the yard, waiting for his flowers to bloom. He gets antsy if he sits too long. He loves to just watch the kids. It reminds me of Grandpa Louis, his dad, who just used to pull out his chair and set it wherever we were and just watch us. They just get a kick out of the kids, especially the little ones.
My parents have been a tremendous help to us with all the school issues of picking up my kids when I have to work, doctor's appts, and field trips. They have picked them up for years, gotten them to daycare, or taken care of them when we can't. I don't know what we would have done without all this help. We really appreciate all that they have done for us and all that they continue to do.
Scott's parents are great too, they live close, just in Fruitport. They are helpful too in caring for our kids, coming over to help in situations too.
We are very lucky to have the parents that we do. It's funny how different things are when these people become grandparents in comparison to when they were the parent.


More pond fun.

Granny's Peonies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome post. Love Granny's peony's!!!