I love the summer, it means hanging out with my kids outside, in this itty bitty pool, swinging on the swing, sprinklers, gardning, oh..and did I say just hanging out! Our days are spent lolly gagging around the yard, blowing bubbles, riding bikes, eating popsicles and many, many baths. I appreciate and am so grateful that I am only part time (2 days a week-12 hrs) and am able to spend this time with them. I have longed for the summer when I didn't have to wake up the kids to go to school and here it is!
Ryan is at such a good age for this type of non-routine and he LOVES the water! He is soaked daily and goes through many outfits because I have to change him so often.
Jake is happy either in or outside. He still loves the Nintendo wii system, and his latest game of choice is Lego Star Wars. His birthday is in less than 2 weeks, and he is going to be 5 years old. What a crazy thought. Jake still really likes Spider Man, he has since he was 2 years old when he received his first pair of spider man jammies from Grandma Pat. This is the year (hopefully) that he will learn to balance his bike enough to take the training wheels off. He just can't seem to figure out how to balance.
Amaya, she is a fish. She loves the water, and would honestly spend hours in a pool if you let her. She usually pulls out her plastic animals (giraffe, zebra, horse, and elephant-make them all plural to the 10th power) to play with for the entire day. She has always been this way, and I think she always will.
Sometimes I think of getting a real in ground pool. Scott would love it, and we even talk about putting one in on our next home, but right now, this little pool is great. They are wet enough, and it is perfect for a little one. Plus, we get the hose and sprinkler out all the time. Not to mention the beach is just right down the road, and when that water warms up, we are so there!!
3 comments:
You guys have the PERFECT backyard for a pool! And I know some friends who would be over all the time...besides houses aren't selling now anyway...maybe the pool would add to the appeal? No pressure ;)
I agree with J. although with your kids being little fish you probably would need a really tall fence to go around it..You would be the Coolest Mom and Dad.....And you really do have the perfect backyard for a pool.
Oh and the pic of Jakers and his spiderman mask is so "Him" could he be any cuter?????? Amaya with her missing teeth cracks me up...I bet she gets so excited when one falls out and she knows the tooth fairy will be coming...$$$$$$$$$$
Post a Comment