OK, so yesterday was my birthday. It was my regularly scheduled day to work, with the added bonus of getting double time....because of it being my b-day. I haven't been scheduled to work my b-day in years, and I'm not really one for picking up many hours, much less my birthday. So, needless to say, I was excited about working, but mostly about the $$. I am not one for a big show, or for telling everyone "Hey it's my b-day" (Now I want to sing......), however, my great friend Robin believes that "the world should stop for your b-day", so she let everyone at my work know. First she called my friend Shelly, who I had to work with all that day, at home and told her. Then she sent me this beautiful spring bouquet with a big balloon attached that said- Happy Birthday so that everyone coming in the ER knew it was someone's b-day, and of course they ask, so there you have it. No keeping it a secret now! So it was very nice working with everyone wishing me a great day. Then there was cake! Not just a box cake, it was Rykes cake! YUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYY!!! Everyone I was working with pitched in! That is so thoughtful, it made me feel really good.
So on to today, which is the day to celebrate it with my family. Amaya is so sweet and couldn't stand waiting any longer to show her card that she made. She is a very thoughtful little girl. She is always the first with best wishes on a special day, or one to be supportive in any time of need. So she made a beautiful card, with a unicorn (her favorite). She helped Scott make me a cake yesterday by doing the adding of ingredients and the stirring, and of course, licking the beaters and bowls afterwards. Who needs a dishwasher, when you have kids, right? JK. She is all about helping doing things for other people. On to Jake, my wild child. This kid is enthusiastic, enerjetic, and very passionate. So he made me a card with a race track and a heart on it. He is learning to write letters, so it is a little out of order, but he actually wrote "I Love You Mom". Very sweet. Then he had Scott write something that he was telling him to write, it reads;
"I love you and I want to tuck you in my heart cuz I just want to be with you everyday"
Hallmark couldn't have come up with a better card. It is so sweet! He says this kind of stuff a lot, especially when he is talking about Ryan. Usually it is something like "I just want to eat him up so he can get inside me because I love him so much". Then two minutes later, he is telling me that he is going to crush me, or rip off my leg, if he doesn't get his way, he also says other mean things, but I choose not to write them down, because I really don't need to remember those things later in life. He doesn't really mean them, he just gets frustrated and doesn't know how to handle his feelings just yet. Anyways, it is nice that he says these nice things.
Ryan made a card too that has little scribbles on it. I know that is a lot coming from him, because, you usually have to pry the crayons out of his hands every two seconds because he wants nothing more than to EAT them. After getting the crayons out of his mouth, he gives a little devilish grin, like Hahaha.......I think he will be an artist later in life. He acts very similar to how Amaya acted when she was little and she is artsy now.
Scott gave me a card too, but it wasn't homemade, but it was a great card. I didn't want to leave him out of my blog. We are going on a date tonight. I am excited, nothing fancy, just a night out without the kids. We don't do that enough!
3 comments:
So glad you had a great birthday and that everyone knew! Also glad you got your favorite Ryke's cake! I hope you guys have a great date tonight! Get ready for Cinderella tomorrow! I bet the kids will love it. Plan to get there before the doors open at 1:30 so you can get a good seat. I think Trent is saving tickets for you. Look at your connections!
As you know I have been "checking out" your blog and have been a culprit of not leaving a comment, so my apologies! Hey Happy Birthday... Aslo I think I am going to see you Sunday at Cinderella, it should be FUN!
great picture of you at work with the flowers, you look soooo sunny and happy,great idea with the pictures of the kids cards....thanks for the comment, saw Angie tonight at the crop Shannon held. It was a good turn out and always awesome to see my Hackley tribe members. Carleen
Post a Comment