Friday, March 21, 2008

Can I play wii?

We got a Wii video game system for Christmas, well, Scott got a Wii for Christmas. Since Christmas, Jake has taken up playing video games. I will say, that the wii is a cool video game because it gets you up and active playing the games. For example, if you play tennis, then you have to get up and swing the controller as if it is the tennis racket in your hands. If you bowl, you have to swing your arm, take steps. etc... to bowl. So you don't just SIT and play games. You have to move. We got the game Mario Galaxy and it just hasn't been the same in our house since.
Jake is obsessed with it. He talks about it all the time, to anybody who will listen, even the clerks at Meijer. I swear that is what he thinks about all day. Usually the first things out of his mouth in the morning....can I play Mario. Then I have to be the bad guy, No, Jake, you can't play wii right now.......and so goes the rest of the day. He is a bit used to not being able to play first thing in the morning, as we don't watch TV til at least 0800 and Amaya is off to school. After breakfast and mid morning are another story. "Can I play wii? Can I play wii? Can I play wii?
Finally I give in. Go play Mario.
After a while on Mario, it is time to shut it off. Usually he is pretty good about this, but then continues with the ongoing question.."Can I play wii?"
Many, Many times, it is what he talks about, after books at night, just before he goes to sleep....."Mom, On Mario, in honey bee hive........, Mom, on Mario, there is a kitchen, a bedroom, I saved Luiqi", and the incessant talking goes on about Mario. So, Mario is a good pawn in our game of life here. If Jake is being naughty, he may lose Mario privileges the following day. He has lost these privileges 3 times. These days are very hard on me, because #1, he asks about it all day-seriously-all day, #2 He has a hard time dealing with anger issues. The kid is a very passionate person who is very loving, but who also gets very angry at times.
I decided to take some pics to record, for Jake, how he deals a bit with this. He gets SO mad. I told him that I was taking the game away (just to get real pics) and that he would never be able to play it again. This is how he looked.

So, after I took these pics, I told him the truth. Immediately, this is how he looked.



So this year may be a Mario year for him. Who knows, things change so fast with kids, he may have a new obsession in a few days, but for now it is Mario.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

J-remember "Somebody" from Depeche Mode?

jen said...

Remember it? It is only what I based my whole criteria for picking a boyfriend on - it described my dream relationship.

All your songs make me want to get out my khaki shorts and some hiking boots with scrunchy wool socks and put a sorority bow in my hair and use my fake ID to get into Waldos.

Anonymous said...

ok! scrunchy wool socks!!?! you are killin'me!! :)
les, what a great blog entry! the pics are so damn funny! the drama reminds me so much of cece! i gotta get some irate pics of her too, to show her someday! esp. the someday when she calls me to vent about her own kid!! :)