Thursday, March 20, 2008

New Music


So, I have added music. These songs are picked because they make me happy. I am a big fan of REM, yes they are still around, but these few are older songs. The Fireflies song by Faith Hill reminds me of my kids and of when they get to stay up late in the summer and run around catching fireflies. I try to convince them that they have caught Tinkerbell...it works for Jake, but never for Amaya. She is a very literal little girl and believes in the science of things. Jake uses far more of his imagination than she does. He has always liked to play make believe.....costumes. He has a ton of them. Jimmy Buffett reminds me of my Snug Harbor days and waiting tables on the deck while living with Kristin Ammon, wow, I did a lot of growing up in those years. It also reminds me of the many concerts that Jen and I went to.....even "Ice Cream", Sarah Mclachlan. It also reminds me of the quick trip to Florida to see Sonya. We went to The Keys and ate at Jimmy's Margaritaville. I'm a new soul is such an up-beat sounding song, that who wouldn't like it, plus it is about your soul, making mistakes and living. It's also off that computer commercial. I copied that off of Carleen's blog site, Thanks Carleen.
Oh, I almost forgot. The Duran Duran is for Scott, of course. I think of him each time I hear a Duran Duran song. It is STILL his favorite band, as it has been since he was in high school. I put the song on here so he would have it to listen to in case he were to ever actually READ my blog.

The picture is from last year at Fredrick Meijer Gardens. It is of the clear winged butterfly.(real name unknown) The butterflies are blooming again right now, Amaya went there with her class fieldtrip yesterday. She informed me that this year they have the ZEBRA butterfly. Now we all need to go! You know I have to have a pic of that for her room. The picture just reminds me of spring and of all the new life that is about to come. Spring is one of my favorite times of year, I love to see all the new blooms come up, all the new animal life and to actually get back outdoors! I can't wait til all this snow is out of my yard. Most of the grass is still covered here and we want to play without getting muddy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your tunes! Other people songs always make me remember how much i love them too! Strawberry Wine was the song I won my first Karaoke contest with! And who does't love Jimmy Buffet? and i forgot how much i liked REM. Brian LOVES them too! And Duran Duran and Scott will always crack me up! Great job!

jen said...

I am laughing at all of your oldies but goodies! I haven't heard most of those songs in YEARS! We were young for those concerts - I can't believe we would get home at like 2am and go into work the next day. I would totally die now! I wnat to know where is "Part of Your World", "The Promise - i'm sorry but i was thinking of the right words to say.. and I saw Thy Word but how bout "Are you livin' in an old man's rubble...too late for walking in the middle... singing at the top of our lungs!!!!!

jen said...

I just don't see how a world that makes such wonderful things could be bad...LOVE LOVE LOVE that song. So glad you put in on there!