Monday, February 25, 2008

Let the sunshine in!






What a beautiful day it was on Sunday. The sun was shining and it was quite warm in comparison to the last few weeks. Amaya had a bad sore throat in the morning, but felt alright during the day, Jake had no fever (now he has a congested cough and receiving neb treatments), and Ryan is feeling much better (still has a runny nose and congested cough-but hey, much better). So we all decided to go outside. Loved it! We haven't all spent much time together outside this winter, so it was great. The snow in the backyard was so deep, that the kids wouldn't even go back there, and there were hardly any animal tracks. We usually have tons of animal prints to explore, but even they didn't want to venture out in the deep snow. Funny.

Now today is Monday, Amaya still had a sore throat, so home AGAIN from school. I brought her to the doc today and she is positive for strep-again! This is her second bout since the beginning of school. I don't know why she gets strep so easily. I have never had strep in my life (knock on wood). Once again, I am so sick of all this sickness! I do feel bad for her, as she still doesn't feel well. Hopefully she will recover very quickly and no one else will get this.
I LOVE my icicle pics. I think the color is really cool. My dad doesn't quite "get" a picture that doesn't have a person in it, but I think it is cool and I am quite proud of it! He doesn't always get a lot of things I do. I am occasionally trying to go out and do new stuff with my camera, well not so much new stuff, but artsy stuff again. I used to do this kind of stuff before marriage and kids, but didn't have the greatest camera. Still don't have a professional camera, but definitely nicer than the last. Who knows, maybe someday it will be a really, really cool, professional camera. I can dream, can't I.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Can I leave a note and say that I LOVE my icicle pics! Love the color of the close up one.