Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mom Stuff

So, I haven't gotten on here as much as I thought that I would, having the mornings "kid free" and all! OK, 2 weeks into school and I have already been on a field trip with Jake's class, and have volunteered in Ryan's class. I LOVE to spend time with their classes, to meet their teachers, see how they interact with the other students, and to meet the other kids.

I was surprised by Jake. I walked with his class to the SL library for their field trip. I was the "caboose" of the line, which meant that I walked in the back. He stayed with me the whole way, even held my hand most of the time. My heart wants to just explode while writing about this. I loved every minute of it! He is 8, and still willing to hold my hand in front of his "friends", or classmates! Whoo hoooo, I love that little guy! He has always been an affectionate little guy with such a dear heart. I hope that we can hold hands for many years to come. He was also more quiet than he normally is when I see him with his classmates. This is a new class, and none of his regular "friends" are in the class with him, so that may have something to do with it, but he was still quiet, non the less. He still interacted with the other kids, and they were definitely playing, making plans, and talking to him.

Ryan's class time was great too. I got to see the other kids, interact with them, and see how Ryan is in his young 5's class, which he LOVES!! He really has a good class, with only one little guy that is a little rambunctious, that is Darrell. Darrell was also in his preschool class, so they were immediate friends, of course. He has many nice kids in his class. Ry's class is a whole different dynamic than Jake's was. Jake's class had all kinds of naughty kids in it. (not even joking) Ryan's class was quiet, followed direction, and even knew how to just be kids, entertaining themselves without being disruptive. I watched Ryan do his papers, art, and puzzles. When he was done, he and and a little girl, sat quietly in the reading corner reading books. SO cute!!!

I really cherish the fact that I work part time, and am able to spend most of my days with my kids doing "mom" stuff. I am very fortunate! (and thankful for Scott!)

1 comment:

Caity said...

Sounds quite delightful.