There truely is something going on with Amaya. So, this morning, after talking with the doctor's office, Amaya was standing in the kitchen. The one leg all cock eyed, as the usual lately.
Mom: Stand up and see if you can straighten both of your legs.
A: I can't
M: Why not?
A: I can't because one of my legs is shorter than the other...
M: What do you mean, your leg is shorter than the other?
A: I can't because this leg is shorter than this leg!!
M:What? Your leg is shorter than the other leg??????? Sit down and let me see.
Amaya sat on the floor and extended both of her legs, and sure enough, the R leg is 1-2 inches shorter than the L leg. (Are you kidding me????)
M: How long has it been this way, when did you notice it?
A: When I swing on the swings I notice it. (Seriously, since Summer??? This is what I am thinking....BAD MOM!!)
I proceed to call Scott and tell him what is happening, then make a call to Dr Dixons, to cancel the ortho appt here in Grand Haven and tell them what is going on and that I want a pediatric orthopedic, because this is going to be a chronic thing. I am sad. I am thinking of the future, will she be a gimp? Will she have one leg shorter than the other? Will she be the "I lean", in the joke- What do you call a girl with one leg shorter than the other? Will she have a cane, will she be able to get a boyfriend? Will she be able to play sports, will she be able to ride horses?? (she would be so completely sad) I know, I know, stupid thoughts at a time like this, and to be honest, I am sooooooo much happier with a short leg in comparison to Leukemia. But, these are my thoughts at this point.
In further inspection of my beautiful specimen. I think that her hips are crooked. So it might not be the leg and be something completely different. Whatever the problem, it is still there and we need to follow up with ortho. (It can't be soon enough for me)
More thoughts...will she need surgery? Okay, I need to stop thinking about it and wait to see the doctor. That is what I have decided, and I am alright with this now. It has taken me all day to get to this point, but it is okay, and she will be okay.
Glass is full, Glass is full!!!
Mom: Stand up and see if you can straighten both of your legs.
A: I can't
M: Why not?
A: I can't because one of my legs is shorter than the other...
M: What do you mean, your leg is shorter than the other?
A: I can't because this leg is shorter than this leg!!
M:What? Your leg is shorter than the other leg??????? Sit down and let me see.
Amaya sat on the floor and extended both of her legs, and sure enough, the R leg is 1-2 inches shorter than the L leg. (Are you kidding me????)
M: How long has it been this way, when did you notice it?
A: When I swing on the swings I notice it. (Seriously, since Summer??? This is what I am thinking....BAD MOM!!)
I proceed to call Scott and tell him what is happening, then make a call to Dr Dixons, to cancel the ortho appt here in Grand Haven and tell them what is going on and that I want a pediatric orthopedic, because this is going to be a chronic thing. I am sad. I am thinking of the future, will she be a gimp? Will she have one leg shorter than the other? Will she be the "I lean", in the joke- What do you call a girl with one leg shorter than the other? Will she have a cane, will she be able to get a boyfriend? Will she be able to play sports, will she be able to ride horses?? (she would be so completely sad) I know, I know, stupid thoughts at a time like this, and to be honest, I am sooooooo much happier with a short leg in comparison to Leukemia. But, these are my thoughts at this point.
In further inspection of my beautiful specimen. I think that her hips are crooked. So it might not be the leg and be something completely different. Whatever the problem, it is still there and we need to follow up with ortho. (It can't be soon enough for me)
More thoughts...will she need surgery? Okay, I need to stop thinking about it and wait to see the doctor. That is what I have decided, and I am alright with this now. It has taken me all day to get to this point, but it is okay, and she will be okay.
Glass is full, Glass is full!!!
3 comments:
Leave it to wicked-smart-Amaya to diagnose herself! Will keep her in my prayers!
I am not very medically smart, but is it possible that she has hit some sort of growth spurt unevenly? I know that sometimes feet can be totally different sizes for a while then even out.
She will be fine. If the WORST WORST case scenario is that her leg is a little shorter for her whole life (which I don't think is going to be the case) she can get shoes and things to correct it so that no one will ever know. She will ride horses, she will have boyfriends, she is going to be totally normal!
I know it is hard not to stress and to think the worst. The mind does weird things to help us cope. I know that when the Dr. could not find Evan's heartbeat in the office and I was sure it would not be there the stuff that kept running through my mind was "now we are going to totally have to change our C-mas card" - like that is important AT ALL!
Get your appts. made as soon as you can so that you can stop stressing. We will keep her in our prayers!
I really don't know what to say to make you feel better. I am guessing nothing I say will make you feel better so, all I can say is take a deep breath! I will keep you both in my thoughts.
Post a Comment