I am in a funk............I am feeling a bit sad, overwhelmed, and even depressed. I am able to live and not think of this, but it seems to always be in the back of my mind. Amaya had her appt. with the orthopedic specialist last week. She still has an "irritated hip", so we need to get an MRI to see what is going on with it. When we were ready to leave the office and I was feeling pretty good, excited even, to get this MRI done, but when I saw what he wrote for the diagnosis, my mouth dropped, and a horrible feeling came over me. Rule out neoplasm, that is what it said. I can't get this out of my head. The only type of neoplasm that I have ever heard is about a cancer.....So, I just looked up more on google about this, and started to cry. I had to close out the google search.
The appointment isn't til April 1st, that is like 10 days away still. I want to know NOW. I feel like Veruca Salts on Charlie and the Chocolate factory, I want it now!!.....then she went down the "bad egg" thing. Anyways, it kills me to wait like this, and to not have connections. This sucks!!!
All in all, Amaya has been doing very well. Her legs are the same length again, she doesn't walk like she is crippled anymore, and can even run. She is still having pain here and there, but it is tolerable. It just reminds me of the unknown problem. She is still going to PT 2 times a week, and seems to progress, but the problem still exists. Marty (the PT) told me last week that he feels that it is "something structural" in there that is causing this decreased ROM, we will just have to see.
To be continued.....
3 comments:
Lesley, you wouldn't be a great mom if you weren't sad and afraid to the point of depression for little miss Amaya. Anyone with a heart would feel the same. Trust in God and the next 10 days will go by quickly! :)
I am sorry that you have this burden weighing on you. I know that it won't be lifted until you have that appointment and are reassured. Know that you are all in our thoughts are prayers and we are here if you need to vent or be a hypochondriac. (I am very familiar with those tendencies...)
Hang in there Lesley...I will be praying for you as a mom! What a brave little lady you have too! :) Marty (the PT) is actually my husband's cousin & we think a lot of him, so I'm glad you guys are seeing him!! I'll be checking back in on you guys...
Post a Comment