Thursday, November 20, 2008

Well, I did it!



So Ryan's beautiful, lustrous , flowing, curls have been chopped. I LOVED his hair! It would always curl up on the ends and layed so nicely. It was getting quite long, going in his eyes, and if you pulled down the curls in the back, it went down quite a bit. I have been thinking of this day for so long. I don't know why, maybe because he is my little baby, and I know that I won't be going through this again, but I just didn't want to cut it. He looked so cute, and that's his baby hair. I wanted to just make it through his 2nd bday, then I just wanted to make it to the professional photographs. Finally, I thought of cutting it everyday, but had to make sure that I had someone to take pictures. (You know I can't miss out on a picture) Seriously, I thought of cutting it daily, so finally Thursday, I cut it. I did it on a whim, first thing in the morning, and had Jake (my assistant) take the pics before he got on the bus. I put it in a pony tail, and cut the tail off. I got a little close in the back, and had flashbacks to when I cut Scott's hair 10years ago. I vowed, at that time, to never cut anyone's hair again, but here I am cutting Ryan's hair. I don't know why "I" wanted to do it so badly, especially with my sister owning a hair salon, but I did. After cutting off the pony tail, and some around the edges, Amaya called in Granny for back up. She used to cut hair, like 20 years ago, so she came over and made it look more presentable. He did quite well, no crying or anything. I still think he needs some touch ups from Aunt Lisa, but that will wait a bit.Going,
Going,

Gone!








Here is Granny doing the touch up, while Ryan watches "Rocket" (Little Einstein on Disney)

5 comments:

julie said...

Oh My Gosh!!!! I know that was so hard for you to do. I actually could have cried reading the part about his hair being his "baby" hair...I don't believe how long it had gotten. Well he will always be your "sweet baby" no matter how short his hair is or how many birthdays he has...He looks so handsome now, still adorable but so big BOY :) Give him a big smoooch from me....

jen said...

In that picture after the cut (2nd one from the bottom) his profile looks just like Jske! I can't believe the ponys tails on those boys! I WISH Hailey had that much hair -poor little girl! I know how much you loved his little boy 'do - don't worry though, he will always be your baby - just like Amaya and Jake still are!

Anonymous said...

I am soo proud of you Lesley!! I feel your pain, but boy o- boy did he NEED a haircut!! Geesh! I got a few chunks...not an entire ponytail!! Too funny!

jensenbo said...

Ryan, you look like a little boy now and so much like your brother, Jake. Good job on cutting his hair, Les. Did you save the ponytail?? :)

Lesley said...

Of course I saved the pony tail!!! We all know that I am some sort of "freak" about all of this baby stuff.